Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Convert Open Directory mobile accounts to Active Directory mobile accounts

We have 200 or so Macs using OD mobile accounts.

Implementing Active Directory, getting rid of Open Directory.

How do I change the mobile accounts from OD accounts to AD accounts so that it authenticates against the AD Domain Controller and thus change compter login password when it's changed in AD?

I can convert accounts this way:

a. Delete users’ user account in User preferences pane of System Preferences, but choose to not change the home directory.
b. Log into users’ account by choosing the other option, thus creating a mobile account.
c. Log out, log into admin account, delete the newly created home directory, rename the home directory from the deleted users account to match the name of the deleted home directory and do a chown –R on the directory for that user.

Obviously doing above 200x times is tedious and I'd like to avoid this if possible!

Any other ideas? Preferably a script I can deploy to all computers?

Xserve, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 12:14 AM

There are no replies.

Convert Open Directory mobile accounts to Active Directory mobile accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.