Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBook Transfer Problem to iTunes

I recently created an ePub using iBooks Author to be used as a presentation tool for our company. I exported the file, imported it into my iTunes account, and synced it with my iPad. So far, so good. I then copied the exact same export file (from my hard disk, not iTunes) to a USB stick for another person in the company, but when he tries to import it into his iTunes, the cover icon appears but the rest of the file will not transfer. A check of the "Get Info" window shows the file location as the USB stick, and it will not sync to his iPad. It's not even an option in the book sync tab. He is using version 10.6.1 (7) on an iMac.

Any ideas as to why the same exact file transfers seamlessly on my computer and not at all on his?

Macbook Pro i5 15in. 2.4ghz, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 2:54 AM

8 replies

Jun 11, 2012 3:51 AM in response to MichiHenning

Thanks Michi,

The issue definately resides in the transfer on his Mac. I just had another colleague try and the file transferred perfectly (and she does't have an iPad). For some reason his iTunes won't allow the transfer. We've tried drag-and-dropping it, selecting Add to Library, and even manually placing the file into his iTunes BOOKS folder and then "adding" it using the Add to Library function. No matter what we try, it won't budge. Could there be a setting in iTunes that's blocking it? Or something else?

Jun 11, 2012 5:04 AM in response to MichiHenning

Correct. We can't add the iBook to iTunes, and therefore can't sync it with the iPad either. I had the same thought about the version, but he's using the latest 10.6.1 (7). I'm thinking that has to be some kind of setting, either in iTunes or his system, that is preventing the transfer?? He has other books in there that he's purchased, so I know that his iTunes WILL accept iBooks. Ugh.

Jun 11, 2012 8:47 AM in response to K T

KT,

Thanks. I've tried:

- transferring it from the USB drive

- saving it to the DT and then transferring it

- transferring it from an external hard disk, and

- uploading and transferring it from Box.net.

In each of these I've tried both dragging and "Adding to Library".

I haven't tried emailing it, but the file is very large due to lots of corporate videos (1gb) and therefore really can't do that. Might the huge file size be the problem? Again, I can move it easily on PowerBook, as can the colleague I enlisted, so it doesn't seem like that would be it, but who knows.

iBook Transfer Problem to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.