Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Found my iPhone, now what?

A week ago my grilfriend's handbag was stolen with our two phones, IDs, credit cards, camera, etc.

This morning I have recived a message from me.com saying my iPhone has been found. It's in the city it got stolen (600km away from where I live), I have already sent a message saying that it's a stolen phone and has been located, an please take it with the rest of the goods to the closest police station and to get in touch with a phone number.

What to do next, should I lock the phone? Will I be able to keep sending messages if I lock it? Can I call the police or they will laugh at me?

Thanks in advance, regards

-- Pedro

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 6:32 AM

1 reply

Jun 11, 2012 7:48 AM in response to nsbk

Call the police ASAP, give them the address of where the phone is, if you lock it you can still track it, but if you wipe it you won't be able to track it. Wiping it depends if there's confidential information you don't want anyone to have on it. But definitely call the police. They won't laugh at you and there have been quite a lot of cases of thieves being caught using this feature. Good luck in getting it back. (I had to use it to get my girlfreinds phone a few weeks ago, lost not stolen, its a brilliant feature!)

Found my iPhone, now what?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.