Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport In Mac Pro Slow Or Broken

hi guys

i have a Mac Pro Later 2008 i have been having problems with my wireless card, i am only a few feet away from my wireless router and i get really slow speeds, i am ment to get up to 30Meg Internet but on the mac pro i only get about 5 or 6 i have a macbook made around the same year and that is next to me and that recives all th speed, so i am asking is it broken or have you had the same issue and if is broken then point me in the way of parts and vids on replacing it

many thanks

BAZz

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 10:42 AM

3 replies

Jun 12, 2012 9:02 AM in response to djbazz

therre aer issues with MacBook Aiir. There was a long thread or two in their forum last year. And one here with people speculating it is the metal case itself interferring. Maybe an external antenna on PCIe card or USB.

Why not just sneak some cat6 around the room corners to the Mac then?

Some users think our Mac Pro has high latency when it comes to network. Don't know, but ping and latency have a lot to do with how many packets are lost and resent.

My ISP was seeing some issues on my modem, came out, replaced it, replalced the utility pole port, and I nvested in a UPS that actually is safe to use (most interfere with cable-coax and RJ45), to protect from another electrical storm (which looking back was probably why, though I was getting okay speeds).

People have lost an ethernet port (G5) from power events.

Airport In Mac Pro Slow Or Broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.