Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i want to change my HDD to SSD for macbook pro 15 2010 need some help

i want to change my HDD to SSD what will work with my macbook pro 2.66GHz (15-inch Unibody w/Intel Core i7) - April 2010 and do it will make my macbook pro low timp and do my macbook pro will be more faster ?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 11:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 12:20 PM

It should make your MBP faster, your battery should last longer, the internal temperature should be a touch cooler and you bank account will be smaller.

Go to the OWC website and you will see several options that are available for your MBP, all of which will be compatible.

Ciao.

5 replies

Jun 11, 2012 4:57 PM in response to amjad_2020

Personally I am not a fan of SSDs because they are not cost effective for my personal requirements. However I do recognize that the days of the disk are numbered, but I suspect that day is still a few years off.

Crucial is a fine company and is one of the two I personally recommend for RAM (OWC being the other) so I suspect that would be a good choice to make. They are a consumer responsive company. Indeed the Amazon price is attractive but before you commit yourself, see if you can find test information and reviews on this product.

I personally cannot give you first hand information on SSDs because I have none of my own. But perhaps some one will read this post and chime in.

Ciao.

i want to change my HDD to SSD for macbook pro 15 2010 need some help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.