Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook 2008 With Lion!

Hello there! My girlfriend just bought a White MacBook 2008 that came with Lion 10.7.4! But we want to Reinstall Snow Leopard, and Erase the HD for a clean install! the problem is, this message appears on the screen: THAT VERSION CAN`T BE INSTALLED!! What can we do? There`s no way to boot from SL CD! or there`s no way to ERASE de HD because we can`t!! We just want to ERASE LION AND INSTALL Snow Leopard!

Can you Help me? and Thanks!

Juan

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 12:26 PM

3 replies

Jun 11, 2012 1:19 PM in response to Juanmaloco

What steps are you taking to erase the hard drive? You insert the Snow Leopard DVD and boot. Before you click to install Snow Leopard, bring up Disk Utility from Utilities on the menu bar, and do a one pass secure erase of the hard drive (this will take awhile but you're ensured of a clean drive). When done, click install and proceed.

After you install Snow Leopard, I'd download the 10.6.8 combo update from the Apple download site on the support page. Repair permissions using Disk Utility (on your hard drive now in applications/utilities), apply the combo update, then repair permissions again. The combo update has all updates and will bring your system current. Then run Software Update to pick up anything else needed.

Jun 11, 2012 4:04 PM in response to BGreg

Hello BGreg!! Thanks for your answer!!

Steps

1. Restart the Mac holding "C" with (Snow Leopard DVD Retail Copy) and nothing happens, just the gray screen with Apple logo!

2. Restart the Mac holding ALT with DVD inside and this time, the screen shows me the HD and DVD logo, then I choose the DVD SL logo, and the gray screen with apple logo for a long long time, and again, nothing happens!

just the Apple logo and that`s it! Any idea??

Thanks so much!!

Macbook 2008 With Lion!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.