Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter and MacBook Air?

I have several 60W MagSafe Power Adapters for my 13" Mac Book Pro. I am looking at the MacBook Air 13" and was wondering whether I can use my 60W MagSafe Power Adapters with the MacBook Air if I get the MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter?

The converter info page (http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD504) states that it is only compatible with the 45W and 85W MagSafe Power Adapters which seems a little odd?

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 1:20 PM

7 replies

Jun 11, 2012 8:19 PM in response to Antony-D-Emanuele

I think you're going to be hard pressed to get an answer right away on this. Given that everything was announced today and the accessories probably won't be showing up in stores till midweek or later. But I do agree with you, it seems very strange that it'll support the 45W and 85W yet not the 60W. I suspect it might be an oversight admission on the listing.

I've got one on order (and I've got access to a 60W). I'll chime in once I've had the opportunity to connect the two which looks to be in 5-7 business days (or so).

Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter and MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.