Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When Siri will work in Finnish?

Hi! Is there any plannings for Siri to turn it into Finnish (-language) in near future? I know that some deveoping companies is working on voice controlling (like Siri) in here Finland. Please Apple: teach some Finnish to Siri! It would be nice feature in my iPad now after iOS 6 releasing ;D

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 1:40 PM

12 replies

Aug 17, 2012 4:26 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

This is really annoying.

For the full lifecycle iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S has been handicapped by the missing language support for Finnish (and Nordic) consumers. It has made the use of Siri practically nonexisting as Siri has trouble understanding English with foreign accent. Majority of Finnish customers who have bought iPhone 4 -series have been waiting for this language support in vain. Meaning, iPhone 4 -series has not delivered the full user experience to Finnish consumers even when it costs full price. And now the same thing is to be expected with iPhone 5... this is so sad.

Another example is Apples decision to support only 4G (2100mHz) networks in iPad that are used in USA but not in Europe (1800mHz). I don't think it's fair to pay full price for a product that has limited functionality and not offering the full user expierience. I'm horrified to think that Apple could actually do that again with iPhone 5.

Now that Andoird has released better language support for Nordic countries than iOS I'm really temptated to switch sides and buying my first Android even when I've been waiting for iPhone 5 so long as I have. I'm not feeling happy about this as I have bought so many Apple's products and prorgams for iOS and OSX. But if iPhone 5 would not offer better language support and European 4G support and still asking for full price, I would feel like being swindled.

Jun 5, 2013 8:10 PM in response to DennisFIN

I agree no support for Karelain language (Finno Oogooriiqoo Qiili Ural Altai Languages Samoyediq Qiili ) QaarjalQiili ,Estonian IistiQiili ,OlonetsQiili ,SaabpmiQiili ,Qven Qiili ,Qomi Qiili, Permiyaq Qiili ,Ostiyaqi Qiili ,QantiQiili ,Mansiq Qiili Nenetsoo Qiili ,Yamal Nenetsoo Qiili ,Ngasan Qiili, QereqQiili ,Qiili AinooQilli,

Many people in many Countries are bi tri and multi lingual we need bi lingual user interface it can be done, we pay a lot for our devices,There is no Finnish Dictionary and Support on OSX Apple never listens unless you are Chinese and make apple Goods Nokia is Good now but why they do not make Finnish langauge products because like most countries they have PaqqoQiili language laws like Ainoo can not promote their language in Japan.

Apple is becoming a Capitalist arrogant since Jobs died ,Jobs was from Syrian Arabic background and yet Arabic is still not popular because of Capitalist language imperialism.

Jun 5, 2013 8:24 PM in response to DennisFIN

Apple does not care about Finland because of Noqia maybe they object to Apple ,There is no Popper Apple store and even Omena Apple Hopeiminen Apple club does not like English people trying to learn Finnish.

They pride themselves on speaking English I do not understand they want none English native speaking people to intergrate in Sqandinavia but they do not want English to learn I found them Paqqo Englanti making us use English

When Siri will work in Finnish?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.