Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Push Server problem

Hi guys,

I'm "ex" user of Lion Server but now i'm back on Snow Leopard Server 'couse it's a bit faster and don't make my device like heater. Mostly I'm using iCal Server and TimeMachine Server. On 10.7 it was easier and faster to set up a Push Service for iCal becouse it using an Apple Push Server to send infos to e.g. mine iPhone or my wife's iPad. In 10.6 i've got problem with setuping it up. Push Notification is enabled but my iPhone see only "Manual" and "Fetch" options. You should know that I have an ADSL connection with DynDNS (no-ip.com) setuped on my router. Of course DMZ is disabled for my local machine adres and Port Mapping forwoarding external ports to their local equivalent. What i'm doing wrong? Please help me, problably for some of you it's a simple problem to resolve.

Xserve, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Server

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 1:53 PM

1 reply

Jun 11, 2012 4:12 PM in response to Jakub Adamiec

There are various different protocols that are used for push notifications.

The push notification support that was implemented in OS X Server 10.6 is not the same push notification support that the iOS devices expect for receiving push notifications; this difference was obscurely documented in some Apple tech notes for OS X Server 10.6.

Various of those tech notes have been updated for Lion Server, and which does have APNS support and is compatible with iOS. There's a general reference here HT3947 (a note which was updated for Lion Server).

Here is one of the existing OS X Server 10.6 discussions.

Push Server problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.