Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multi-touch, ibooks author, satisfactory outcome?

A few months ago I was shown a multi-touch book made with ibooks author. I had published my memoir a year ago and realised early that distributors did not display indie authours. My book was completely invisible. I looked at the the multi-touch section at iTunes to find very few books available. Ok, so with ibooks authour I was able to present my book how I always wanted it to be, with galleries, sound samples, links and playlists. Making it was easy but my issues with iTunes connect have really done me in ... by the way WARNING: I have been told by iTunes connect you have one....just one chance to include a screen shot for your multi-touch book preview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make sure you upload one on the first delivery! I shan't bore you with my issues or communication with them as they have been lengthy.

They have published my book, however, my multi-touch is not on display. Still the shelves at the iTunes (AU) store look empty. They won't answer my questions on how books make it to the shelves and again the book is completely invisible.

Any happy endings out there?

Cheers

Edith

iBook, Mac OS X (10.7.4), multi-touch book outcome

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 4:38 PM

4 replies

Jun 11, 2012 5:27 PM in response to edith wolter

edith wolter wrote:

http://itunes.apple.com/au/book/the-girl-you-deserve/id524637064?mt=11

Only available on the iTunes store......and that's another story. Can an Australian set up a US account?

You can create an Apple ID for the US store without a credit card, and make purchases with gift cards for the US store purchased on eBay and the like.

Michi.

Multi-touch, ibooks author, satisfactory outcome?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.