Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot open some sites. Others open fine.

I have a PPC iMac G4 running 10.5.8. Both in Safari and Firefox, some sites open right away (mail.yahoo.com, wellsfargo.com, apple.com). But others will not open or will take minutes to open (yahoo.com, mail.google.com, wunderground.com). Bizare for sure. Set up static IP address to find this mac on my network. No settings have changed since this system was set up a few years ago. Other PCs on my network work fiine. Also rebooted DSL modem, and router. Any ideas?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8), Also HP Notebook Win 7 SP2

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 4:50 PM

4 replies

Jul 8, 2012 10:38 AM in response to Klaus1

Finally had time to work on the iMac again. Checked the above link and other links off of that. No help. Covers basic trouble shooting. I am using the iMac now. The problem is not being able to open or seriously delayed opening of some sites, like Yahoo, Google or Bing. Would something in Onyx have deleated or changed settings to cause this? Thanks to anyone who can help.

I cannot open some sites. Others open fine.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.