Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you save photos taken with ipad or iphone to my PC. How do I sync these?

1) How do I save photos taken on an iPad or iPhone to my PC?

2) How do I sync all 3 devices?

3) I have enabled iCloud on both my iPad and iPhone, but the photos are not syncing. Any ideas why?

iPhone 4, Windows XP, also iPad

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 7:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 7:41 PM

When you plug your iPad and iPhone into your computer do you see a pop up box offering to import photos or explore the device? It should automatically come up but sometimes when you dismiss it you dismiss it permanently. If that pop up doesn't come up attach your device and then minimize it. Navigate to 'my computer' and then your device. Click through until you see the DCIM folder (it's the only folder you'll have access to)

it should contain your photos that you've taken with the device. Drag them from your iPad/iPod to your computer. You could also import them with the 'camera connection wizard'. Accomplishes the same thing basically.

Syncing all 3 devices can be done wtih photostream (or at least between the two devices, I'm not familiar with photostream working on a PC.)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2012 7:41 PM in response to rosemariefromnm

When you plug your iPad and iPhone into your computer do you see a pop up box offering to import photos or explore the device? It should automatically come up but sometimes when you dismiss it you dismiss it permanently. If that pop up doesn't come up attach your device and then minimize it. Navigate to 'my computer' and then your device. Click through until you see the DCIM folder (it's the only folder you'll have access to)

it should contain your photos that you've taken with the device. Drag them from your iPad/iPod to your computer. You could also import them with the 'camera connection wizard'. Accomplishes the same thing basically.

Syncing all 3 devices can be done wtih photostream (or at least between the two devices, I'm not familiar with photostream working on a PC.)

Jun 11, 2012 7:45 PM in response to rosemariefromnm

1) Photos/videos in the Camera Roll with each device can be imported by your computer as with any other digital camera.

2. In regards to photos, with Photo Stream.

3. Do you have Photo Stream turned on with your iCloud account settings on each device? This applies to photos in the Camera Roll only on each device and is temporary - 1,000 photos and/or 30 days.

For your PC, you need to download and install the iCloud Control Panel.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1455

How do you save photos taken with ipad or iphone to my PC. How do I sync these?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.