Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lose all my stuff?

my ipod fell and cracked the screen. i heard that apple might replace it but since my computer is old i cant save any of the things onto it. all my dowloads and pictures are only saved on the ipod since i cant connect it to the old mac that i have. is there a way that Apple can just replace the screen and none of the things on my ipod will be lost? or some other way that i dont loose all my stuff but still replace the screen without having to get a new ipod entirely?

iPod touch

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 10:04 PM

2 replies

Jun 11, 2012 10:21 PM in response to Melicita10

You can connect to another computer, create a new user account, set up your iTunes account, back up manually and transfer your purchases. After you replaced your device, connect it to this computer and restore it from the manual backup.

If you're running iOS5, you could also use iCloud to back up your iPod.

iTunes: Backing up, updating, and restoring iOS software

Apple does not save your data. You can try to get it repaired by some 3rd party company, but I'm not sure if they will backup your data.

Lose all my stuff?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.