Skip navigation

My iTunes match hangs on gathering information

1215 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 13, 2012 12:09 PM by DaveCarson RSS
RavenousLife Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 11, 2012 10:49 PM

My iTunes Match seems to hang while gathering information; it hasn't gotten to step 2 in ages and never gets to step 3. 

I've updated today to the most recent version of iTunes, but it didn't fix it.

Any ideas how to solve this on a mac?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)
  • JMG74 Calculating status...
    Jun 13, 2012 8:45 AM (in response to RavenousLife)

Unfortunately, I had the same issue when I first signed up. It took me 5 stops and starts before it got everything in. The jury is still out on this, as it won't get much better after this dazzling entry into the cloud. Now that I use it, I listen to about the first two songs of an album through my iPhone 4, max, and then the track stops and starts and runs the downloading circle. Very frustrating.

• DaveCarson Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Jun 13, 2012 12:09 PM (in response to RavenousLife)

I had this same issue when I first got iTunes match.  I had about 10,000 songs.  It looks like it's not working but it is, but it takes a LOOOOONG time to upload and match.  I had to let my computer sit for pretty much two days and eventually everything got uploaded and was accessible.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.