Skip navigation

My one-month-old $4100 MBP has been superseded by a $2800 model!!

173 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 12, 2012 3:37 AM by OGELTHORPE RSS
disconnekt Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 12, 2012 2:30 AM

I know, I know, you can't expect your computer not to become outdated when new models come out, but I'm literally in shock right now. Less than a month ago I shelled out $4100 for a completely maxxed-out 2.5 ghz 15" MBP with antiglare screen, 512GB SSD, and 8GB RAM. Now I learn that the new standard model comes with equal or superior specs (faster processor, better screen, thinner, USB 3, HDMI port, etc.) for $2800?! That is really outrageous, no? If I want to get the new MBP I will have to take a huge loss when selling my current one.

• OGELTHORPE Level 7 Level 7 (22,505 points)

Every MBP owner suffers the same fate as you.  As soon as you buy one, it simply a matter of time before a 'better' one comes out and displaces the one you have.  It is a matter of degree and clearly you are at the high end of this phenomenon. 

When I purchased my current MBP, I made certain that I got the fastest CPU available only to be outclassed by a faster CPU a month later.  My irritation lasted about a day but I still had an excellent MBP and I no longer feel the least bit envious of any newer models that have been subsequently introduced.

You still have a first rate MBP and enjoy it.

Ciao.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.