Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My one-month-old $4100 MBP has been superseded by a $2800 model!!

I know, I know, you can't expect your computer not to become outdated when new models come out, but I'm literally in shock right now. Less than a month ago I shelled out $4100 for a completely maxxed-out 2.5 ghz 15" MBP with antiglare screen, 512GB SSD, and 8GB RAM. Now I learn that the new standard model comes with equal or superior specs (faster processor, better screen, thinner, USB 3, HDMI port, etc.) for $2800?! That is really outrageous, no? If I want to get the new MBP I will have to take a huge loss when selling my current one. 😠

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 2:30 AM

1 reply

Jun 12, 2012 3:37 AM in response to disconnekt

Every MBP owner suffers the same fate as you. As soon as you buy one, it simply a matter of time before a 'better' one comes out and displaces the one you have. It is a matter of degree and clearly you are at the high end of this phenomenon.

When I purchased my current MBP, I made certain that I got the fastest CPU available only to be outclassed by a faster CPU a month later. My irritation lasted about a day but I still had an excellent MBP and I no longer feel the least bit envious of any newer models that have been subsequently introduced.

You still have a first rate MBP and enjoy it.

Ciao.

My one-month-old $4100 MBP has been superseded by a $2800 model!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.