Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can anybody recommend a UK based host for an iWeb site?

I need to know where to host my iweb site with the least technical difficulty.I have seen on ichat HomeExcellence which sounds ok buy it is US based.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X Snow Leopard

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 2:49 AM

3 replies

Jun 12, 2012 8:10 AM in response to junefromweymouth

24/7 tech support is a lot more important than location. I've been using Host Excellence for 7 years now and haven't found any reason to change.

Their associated service - IXWebhosting - offers really good value for those who only have one site but need the option fo another dedicated IP address. Their tech support has been really helpful to those to whom I have recommended this service as you will see here...

http://www.iwebformusicians.com/iWeb/Website-Hosting.html

Most tech support people don't seem to understand how iWeb creates sites and can be rather unhelpful.

One of the main advantages of the above mentioned services is the fact that they allow you to create a root folder with the same name as your site in iWeb. This goes a long way to helping you understand the concept of the root folder and the file/folder structure on the server.

can anybody recommend a UK based host for an iWeb site?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.