Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to move a window to another, existing space that already has windows

NOT happy with the new Mission Control. Give me back spaces!

I have been using virtual desktops (VDT) for years and I often work 14 to 18 hours a day on my mac..

I can reorder my spaces in MC but that seems to be about all I can do and it really is ******* me off.

I need to be able to drag a single window from 1 space to another space where I already have another application running. This was TRIVIAL in SPACES but seems impossible in MC.

example: I have a text file of notes in vi in one VDT and in another I have a browser window open to a customer location where I need to use or add to those notes with some complexity. I want to move that notes window from the VDT that it is in (because there are other apps there) to the current VDT so that I can easily use the notes and the browser together. I do NOT want to have to make the stupid vi window in ALL spaces. How do I do this?

another example: I have a browser with multiple tabs and I want to move ONE of them to another VDT. I can pull the tab to make another window.. But I can't move just that tab to another VDT!! How can I do that?

Please please PLEASE fix this in Mountain Lion !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 4:42 AM

2 replies

how to move a window to another, existing space that already has windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.