3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 12, 2012 6:27 AM by Linc Davis
27bas Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi everyone

Hope someone can give me some ideas on correcting my internet issues...

I've recently upgraded my internet speeds through my ISP to have 50Mbps download and 2Mbps upload.  I use my 2TB Time Capsule as a router as it has by far provided the best connectivity than any other router.  I run dual network - connect my iPhone 4S through standard network and my iMac through 5GHz network.  Since upgrading my speed, I have noticed that my iMac speeds vary greatly, but most of the time I'm struggling to get more than 10Mbps download, however on my iPhone I easily achieve almost 40Mbps.  I have tried different browsers, and ensured all other applications are closed and even switched the iMac (2009 i7 quad core) to the standard network.  At that point I noticed a slight increase in speed but it was short lived.

I am stumped on what to try next.  Does anyone have ideas? The iMac is a little hot, but nothing that isn't normal so I can't put it down to heat or anything.  Is there anything I have failed to check that may help?

I recently installed Windows 7 through bootcamp but didn't expect that to impact anything, however it was around a SIMILIAR time that I noticed issues, as previously I was getting a consistent connection of 20Mbps before I upgraded.

Any advice would be excellent!

Thanks everyone

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)