Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using AVCHD video with iPhoto '11 9.3

I was delighted to see that yesterday's release of iPhoto '11 v9.3 included support for AVCHD video.

Brilliant I thought. I bought a Sony HX9V earlier in the year and I've not been able to import my HQ movies into iPhoto. I've obviously not been able to keep my movies on my camera's memory card so I've been manually archiving them to my Macbook in the hope that Apple would one day introduce support and I would simply be able to import the Archive folder.

I thought this day had come but try as I might, I can't get this to work. There is a support article in support of this:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5251?viewlocale=en_US

This article makes next to no sense - it describes exactly the issue I'm having but it does not provide the successful workaround.

Has anyone managed to get this to work and import their MTS files where previously they couldn't? I'd love to hear from you if so.

Cheers

Matt

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.7.4), iPhoto 9.3

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 5:37 AM

9 replies

Jun 13, 2012 5:01 AM in response to Fester the Tester

I'm having the same issue with video shot from my Sony HDR-CX150. I'm trying to drag straight from the memory card into iPhoto 9.3 (650.39). I've tried both the BDMV and AVCHD directories from the /private/avchd/bdmv/ path... NO LUCK! Does it make any difference if the memory card is in the memory card reader versus having the camera connected directly to my Mac? I certainly hope not.

Jun 13, 2012 6:56 PM in response to Fester the Tester

I am considering the purchase of a compact mega zoom camera, the new ones that shoot stills and HD Video. I was looking at the Panasonic Lumix zs20. One of the highly touted features is the AVCHD Video format.

Now I hear they will not import into iMovie? What?

Now I read the fix that is supposed to come out doesn't work.

Am I reading this correctly? I need to know before I buy a camera.

Thanks

Using AVCHD video with iPhoto '11 9.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.