Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is an Apple ID "numeric identifier"?

I have attempted, multiple times, to submit a Contact Us inquiry through iTunes Connect this morning but consistently receive the following error message:

"An error occured trying to send your message: You have entered an invalid Apple ID. Your Apple ID is a numeric identifier."

I get this error after I have logged in to iTunes Connect and after I have entered my only Apple ID on the Contact Us form. My Apple ID is an email address and not a numeric identifier. Today is the first time I have encountered this error message. I can find no mention of a "numeric identifier" anywhere in my account details.

Is this something new? And if so, where the **** do I find it?

Thanks,

Walt

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 8:16 AM

12 replies

Sep 10, 2012 11:11 AM in response to MichiHenning

That is absolutely absurd. After struggling with this falteral of publishing an ePub formatted eBook and having iTunes Producer make a mess in it's diapers, I am relegated to figuring out why my Apple demanded email address formatted Apple ID does not work in the iTunes Connect help section? This clearly cuts down on the problem reporting and makes iTunes Connect look more trouble free... 😠

And Michi, thank you very much for posting. 😎

Dec 16, 2013 9:43 AM in response to wshiel

This may sound odd, but look for a contact form in a different part of the site. I had this problem and found a different form. I noticed that the same boxes were there, but their order had changed. The first form was just mislabeled! So when you typed "username" into the box, that is not what the code was expecting to see and it made a validation error. I used the exact same data in the form boxes on the new form and it submitted without an error.

Aug 26, 2015 10:54 AM in response to wshiel

The ID number is found in the About this App tab in My Apps on iTunes connect. Log in, click on one of your apps, then click on the "more" dropdown tab next to the "game center" tab. Then Click on 'About This App" and you should see your App ID number.

XXXXXXXXXX

This is the number they are referring to. Makes it easier to track the app with the problem.

Hope this helps!

What is an Apple ID "numeric identifier"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.