Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will iCloud mount like my iDisk volume on my desktop?

So, I've been dotMac member, and using iDisk since just about day one and it is firmly entranched in my work flow. That is, I have my iDisk volume mounted on my desktop at home, and at work, and utilize the iDisk iOS app routinely.

For all intents and purposes, iDisk is iCloud by another name. For whatever reason, it appears Apple has decided that “The Cloud” now has better name recognition among the n3ubs, and so the forward thinking functionality of iDisk is being dumbed down for the masses.

As a legecy user, most significantly, I access the Documents directory multiple times a day for reading and writing files to various sub-ds/.

I see that it appears “Documents” are in the afterthought listing below the basic consumer grade offerings of Mail, Contacts, Calendar, etc. and that in fact, the ”documents” being referred to are limited to files created in iWork, which are not applications I use.

My hand was forced to upgarde to Lion in order to continue to access my files in iDisk/Cloud, and now the more I investigate, the more I find that functionality is being downgraded.

It seems this has turned into less a question, than it is an admonition of Apple. Needless to say, as a small business person struggling to make ends meet, yet choosing a premium system like iOS, I'm less than happy with this, as it appears it will end up compelling me to find another “cloud” solution to continue work unfettered, costing more money in the process.

Tsk.

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 8:37 AM

2 replies

Will iCloud mount like my iDisk volume on my desktop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.