Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I set up Eircom mail on my iphone with 3. I can get incoming mail but cant send out any. outgoing smtp is mail-relay.3ireland.ie according to 3, have been onto Eircom and they say to contact 3 and something about password authentication.

How can I set up an Eircom email on my iphone 4, I can received emails but cant send them. Was on to 3 and the smtp is mail-relay.3ireland.ie but this does not work. Contacted eircom and they say something about password authentication...???

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 12:12 PM

2 replies

Aug 29, 2012 7:23 AM in response to Louiseekelly20

You need to configure the outgoing mail settings in the following way:

Outgoing Mail server
Host Name mail1.eircom.net
User Name Optional
Password Optional
Use SSL OFF
Authentication > Password
Server Port 587

Make sure you do not fill in the username and password sections, they will simply say 'optional'

Then press done and Eircom will verify settings completing the set up of your account.

This took me ages to work out and neither O2, Eircom nor Apple were much help. I finally found a solution at Boards.ie

Hope this helps.

how do I set up Eircom mail on my iphone with 3. I can get incoming mail but cant send out any. outgoing smtp is mail-relay.3ireland.ie according to 3, have been onto Eircom and they say to contact 3 and something about password authentication.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.