7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 13, 2012 11:16 AM by vazandrew
brooklo Level 1 Level 1

I was having a problem with my screen being too wide on apple TV.  I unplugged apple TV and waited 30 seconds and plugged it back and now apple tv will not come on at all.  Got any ideas?

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.7.3)
Reply by vazandrew on Jun 13, 2012 11:16 AM Helpful

No, as you saw that's how it looks for most users. It's likely something with your TV, I assume you are going straight HDMI into the device and that your set specifically works with 720P? You can take it to Apple or try another cable. Refer to your manual to see if there are other settings

All replies

• vazandrew Level 6 Level 6
    expertise.appletv
    Apple TV
  • brooklo Level 1 Level 1

I went through the entire restore process and my screen is too large for my 40" samsung.  I also check the picture size options on the television menu and tried each one to no avail.  Any other ideas?

expertise.appletv
    Apple TV

Can you provide more on your setup? TV, connections, which ATV model etc.

Is your Apple TV now turning on?

Apple TV is working just fine.  The only issue is that the picture is too large and when I am on the page where you select what you wish to watch (ie Netflix, Movies, Hockey, etc)  the icons on the edges of the listing are only half visible.  Its the same when you get the text details on a particular movie (synopsis, stars, ratings.) They are also cut off on the edges.

As I said I have a 40" high def Samsun tv, with comcast cable.  I do not know which model ATV I have.  It's black and I've had it about 2 years.

expertise.appletv
    Apple TV

So it was working fine and just started doing this? Anything changed in your setup recently? May want to try it on another set, different cable, or take it in to Apple

Nothing has changed.  The screen has always been too big.  I passed by the apple store and saw thei demo set- up for Apple TV and I could see all the icons.  I thought everyone was seeing it like was. 

expertise.appletv
    Apple TV

No, as you saw that's how it looks for most users. It's likely something with your TV, I assume you are going straight HDMI into the device and that your set specifically works with 720P? You can take it to Apple or try another cable. Refer to your manual to see if there are other settings