Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.6.8 server AFP Crashing

I know Apple have had problems with AFP Crashing for sometime now but when I first installed 10.6.6 I was only getting about 4 AFP crashes a year (its sad that I think this is a good thing) and even when I upgraded to 10.6.7 it wasn't much different.

When I upgraded to 10.6.8 it was pretty much the same for a while, but now since the end of January AFP crashes much more regularly, about twice a week.

This was happening when the AFP connections were between 250 - 300 but recently its been as little as 90 connections.

As someone had said in a previous discussion on AFP crashes, the AFP crash log always shows 202 threads, don't know if this is significant though.

Apple support have admitted that this is a bug in the OS and apparently has been fixed in 10.7.4, not that I want to upgrade to that poor excuse for a Server OS.

Does anyone out there have any work arounds for this problem. In fact I am so fedup with this any help would be gratefuly received.(sledgehammer to the server might make me fill better but will not be helpful to my users).

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 2:42 PM

8 replies

10.6.8 server AFP Crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.