Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have my 2nd generation ipod shuffle and i have had it for about 2 years now. I have fully charged it and it still wont play. i have tried everything what should i do?

what should i do?

iPod shuffle, its the 2nd generation. 2 years old

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 7:57 PM

1 reply

Jun 13, 2012 12:35 AM in response to ibeshuffilin

I don't know what "everything" is, unless you state them, so I have to ask if you did this procedure to reset the iPod shuffle.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1655

If that does not help, is the iPod recognized by iTunes when it is connected to USB? If so, select the iPod in the iTunes sidebar (under DEVICES). Over to the right, go to the Settings screen. There should be a Restore button there. Restore will erase the iPod, install the latest software, and give it the default settings. After it completes, load some songs on it and try it again. Hopefully, it will play now.

If that does not help either, please post back.

i have my 2nd generation ipod shuffle and i have had it for about 2 years now. I have fully charged it and it still wont play. i have tried everything what should i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.