Skip navigation

Do Airport Speakers work with all iPhone Apps or just Native Music?

170 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jun 12, 2012 9:13 PM by autefrum RSS
autefrum Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 12, 2012 9:13 PM

I use "JB HiFi Now" streaming service, which is similar to the many streaming services available such as Deezer and spotify.

I read with interest that the new Airport Express released in June 2012 has a 3.5mm socket for external speakers. The Apple info says it will allow me to play music from my iPhone to the external speakers.

I think I know how this would work - in a phone call,  I can choose my BlueTooth headset, the inbuilt speaker, or the phone itself as the 'speaker' device to use when I make a phone call, and similarly many applications provide the ability to switch to a different sound output destination.

My question is: are the external speakers available as a music destination for ALL iPhone apps when I'm on the Airport Express's WiFi Segment? Or is it limited to just the apple Native Music app. If so, what apps can I use it with?

Airport Express

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.