Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QT Broadcaster- Some Questions

Greetings All,

I am trying to set up a live stream for both audio and video. It is more important that I configure audio first for podcasting. I am on a G5 using Tiger 10.4 and I have QT Pro 7.

In using Broadcaster:

1. Is the broadcast ip address geolocatable? Meaning can someone track me down or hack my computer via that link?

2. Can the ip/link be configured into a player that can be embedded on a website? For example: instead of sending listeners a link - could I just have a player embedded on a webpage and when we are live - it plays the broadcast?

3. Can MIDI be configured to create multiple inputs and outputs in QT Broadcaster? For example, I would like pull in skype calls with my co-host/callers and play my into/outro/advert jingle during the live broadcast. I found this: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1215. I don't understand it all and I don't have Lion, but I don't see why similar couldnt work with my version.

4. In Broadcaster when it says record to disk - this means that the whole live show is captured and recorded on my computer correct? Or would I have to use something else like Garageband to record?

5. Is it possible and or preferable to live stream to Itunes?

This is all I can think of for now. Just trying to figure out my best options.

Thanks in Advance.

G5 , Mac OS X (10.4.3)

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 12:38 AM

There are no replies.

QT Broadcaster- Some Questions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.