Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Invisible rogue mails coming in

Whenever I "get mail" the bar at the bottom tells me anything up to 20 messages are incoming although only two or three actually appear in my inbox. What is happening? Am I being filled with malware? Am I being used as a netbot? When I check the host webmail, there are no extra messages not in my inbox. I am running Snowleopard on my macbook.

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 1:55 AM

7 replies

Jun 13, 2012 2:36 AM in response to X423424X

Thanks for that thought, but no, I always check the junk folders as well just in case. Cae in point, when Apple forwarded your reply just now, the bar told me 8 messages were coming in, but actually this was the only one. I have no idea what happened to the other 7. I've only had this issue since using Snow Leopard. I've run Cleanmymac since in case that showed something up, but apparently no.

Thanks for the reply, anyway. Anyone else?

Jun 13, 2012 7:46 AM in response to X423424X

Thanks for that thought. I tried it, and promptly got a whole load of emails from the last 2 years popping back into my inbox. I had to wait unti la fresh batch was coming in, but then found the problem was still there - it announced 6 incoming emails, only one of which got as far as my inbox. Still wondering if I'm being used as part of a botnet or worse.

Invisible rogue mails coming in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.