Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lion server bind to Windows AD server...

Hi,

can anybody help mi with binding Lion Servers Open Directory to Windows Active Directory?

I Have setuped Windows 2008 Server and Windows 2003 Server. On both is full working Active Directory. The clients can conect to it (win).

I would lice to have some Mac clients and will setuped Lion server an in Open Directory I have set to connect to another server. Then in Directory Utility I will set the connection to AD Server over Connect in File menu and I have only error mesage "Can't connect to the server - Directory Services may not be installed on the remote server, they may be turned off, or the URL may have been entered incorrectly." and then I try the connection over Services - Active Directory and have error mesage "Authentication server could not be contacted." too.

Can somebody help me with setting Lion Server to connect to Win Active Directory?

Thanks,

Alfista

Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 5:03 AM

There are no replies.

Lion server bind to Windows AD server...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.