Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calcute Size OD user?

Hello

We use on our Server the OD. About 25 User can ue with their Account every Computer in the Office.

Now wo saw the size of the harddrive has very less free space. When we click Apple-I on the users we see it is very low space uses, but this is because all the private folders are blocked.

Is their a way to calculate the Open Directory size of every User Account?

Gérard

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 5:38 AM

2 replies

Jun 13, 2012 11:04 AM in response to Gerard Dirks

To save typing, you could combine all the options together, ie "sudo du -cgd 1 /Users". I think the "d" should be the last option, since the "1" is relative to that, but not positive (I do it that way just to be safe). I personally use h instead of g as I'm more familiar with meg/gig than blocks. You can also add a sort to it to make it easier to read, ie "sudo du -cgd 1 /Users | sort -n" (will sort numerically, largest number being last). Although I think with the "h" option, it doesn't discern between M, G, or K, so 1G would show before 10M. I don't use it enough to be an issue or I'd look into it a bit more, but you wouldn't have that issue if you just worked in blocks with the g option.

Calcute Size OD user?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.