Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Add bookmark" disabled in ibook author?

I can't seem to add a bookmark in ibook author. I have followed all the instructions: highlighted the text and then opened inspector, but add bookmark feature remains disabled (grey) here and on the main menu. Should be very straightforward and I have managed everything else. Am I doing something wrong?

Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 6:43 AM

10 replies

Oct 2, 2017 11:05 AM in response to Jane Wightwick

Problem is pdf file is lock (cannot edit it only way is unlock first)

I see this problem on iOS 10.3.3 can unlock it and can book mark on icon upper write hand ( gray icon)

On IOS11.0.1 cannot bookmark on Ibook

Customer service don’t know to solve this problem

(www.smallpdf.com/unlock-pdf) for unlock after unlock can use bookmark on upper icon right hand

Thanks

Thanisorn

Jun 13, 2012 7:24 AM in response to Jane Wightwick

It seems my problem may be that the ibook I am creating is a complex language learning title. There is no "text flow" as such. Everything is an isolated box, gallery, review widget, audio etc. and all laid out to be fixed on a particular page.

Maybe this means I should be using hyperlinks and just link to a particular element on that page?

Jun 15, 2012 6:11 PM in response to MichiHenning

I have tried bookmarking an item further down a chapter that is apart the main text flow, but I hyperlinked it back to text in a text box towards the beginning of the chapter and it worked, however when I try to bookmark something in the text box, it doesn't work. This seems a bit contradictory to what this discussion is saying.

Are you sure you cannot link anything outside of the main text flow given this exception I found?

"Add bookmark" disabled in ibook author?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.