Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ical not responding

I tried to open iCal, but it does not respond. Is there a way I can update the application? I have upgraded to Lion, so the CD's that came with my MacBook Pro are no longer compatable with my laptop.

Please help.

Janine Wilson

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), iCloud

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 8:47 AM

6 replies

Jun 13, 2012 10:05 AM in response to JanineW

Janine,

Try removing the com.apple.iCal.plist file from your Macintosh HD/Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences Folder. To find that Library folder, use Finder>Go Menu>Depress the "Option" key>Library. Drag the .plist file to your desktop, and log out/in or restart.

Next, make sure that you are not connected to the internet. Then go to your Macintosh HD/Users/yourusername/Library/Calendars Folder and remove any files with "Cache" as a part of the file name. Use the same method as listed above to get to the correct Library Folder. Log out/in, or restart and check iCal for functionality.

User uploaded file

Jun 14, 2012 2:29 PM in response to JanineW

Janine,

Go to iCal>Preferences...>Accounts>...and delete the MobileMe account.

Make sure that you do not have any other data stored on MobileMe. These two articles should help you determine what to do if you used MobileMe for any other services:

1. MobileMe: About moving to iCloud

2. Simple steps to move your data away from MobileMe

Finally, go to System Preferences...>MobileMe>...and sign out of MobileMe.

User uploaded file

ical not responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.