Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've just upgraded to Snow Leopard and my audio is cracking

Audio through my Apogee Rosetta 800 is now cracking up, very digital distortion. Does anyone know if I have to upgrade/install a new Maestro version? I'm running version 1.6.23 Driver v1.4.0.

Basically my studio is down until I can sort this, so any help much appreciated.

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 9:57 AM

I'll assume you're using the original Symphony PCIe card? Apogee stopped updating that after Snow Leopard 10.6.7

And software update brought you up to 10.6.8, right?

I did this exact same thing 2 months ago, but had the forsight to super duper clone my system drive BEFORE I started the snow leapard update. Everything worked at 10.6.4, but once I went to 10.6.8, I got the crackling. A few phone calls got me the answer. Fortuantely, I was able to go back to Tiger, and start the install again, this time, stopping the OS update at 10.6.7

So you need to try to get back to 10.6.7 at the most. It will all work fine as long as you don't install the .8 update.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2012 9:57 AM in response to jrm1

I'll assume you're using the original Symphony PCIe card? Apogee stopped updating that after Snow Leopard 10.6.7

And software update brought you up to 10.6.8, right?

I did this exact same thing 2 months ago, but had the forsight to super duper clone my system drive BEFORE I started the snow leapard update. Everything worked at 10.6.4, but once I went to 10.6.8, I got the crackling. A few phone calls got me the answer. Fortuantely, I was able to go back to Tiger, and start the install again, this time, stopping the OS update at 10.6.7

So you need to try to get back to 10.6.7 at the most. It will all work fine as long as you don't install the .8 update.

Jun 13, 2012 10:41 AM in response to Jim Frazier

Hi Jim, thanks for the forensics. I'm sure you're right. I remember just after installing from the Snow Leopard DVD (10.6.3 I seem to recall) the audio was fine. Then I updated and it was not fine at all.

I've just started a fresh install using same DVD. Hope it gets back to 10.6.3. Is that how I should do it / step back?

I've just upgraded to Snow Leopard and my audio is cracking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.