Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I add a device to "find my phone"?

I have transitioned to iCloud.com from Mobile Me. I have enabled a search capability for my iPad and now have two iPhones as well as an iPod that I would like to add. I have looked at the page and the box that says my devices does not seem to be able to edited in this fashion. How can I get this done? Thank you.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 11:13 AM

14 replies

Jul 7, 2015 9:00 PM in response to fluteandgolfgrl

Looks ike this question has been answered -- you set it on the phone, not the app on your computer.

But I wanted to share something that may be useful to others on this thread:

On the subject of serial #s and finding a lost phone, some cities, including New York City, have a way to register your device serial # with them so they will have some info should they find it. I actually found out at a college where the cops had a table set up for this. Even though the chances of your lost or stolen phone turning up are slim, why not? maybe if you are some kind of paranoid conspiracy nut, I guess. Remember to keep your phone locked with a passcode 🙂

How can I add a device to "find my phone"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.