Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased TV shows not available in Apple TV

I have several issues with TV shows purchased on iTunes that I cannot explain First, there are several TV shows that have been purchased in the Store that do not show up on Apple TV. These same shows: 1. persistently download to iTunes everytime I open iTunes even though I don't want to keep them on my hard drive (just want them in the Cloud.) 2. Do NOT show up when I click on the Purchased link within the Store. BUT 3. DO show up in my list of Purchased items within iTunes when I click on Purchased in the Sidebar. See screenshots below. The first shows iTunes where there are several Curious George and Downton Abbey shows ready for download. The second shows the iTunes Store where these shows don't show up (but several others do). I am signed in with the same Apple ID.

Are these problems related in some way?

Can someone tell me how to:

1. See all my purchased shows on Apple TV?

2. Stop these TV shows from automatically downloading to iTunes and just keep them available in the Cloud?User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Thanks

Jon

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 3:00 PM

9 replies

Jun 13, 2012 3:07 PM in response to jonmanheim

With regard to these shows downloading to your iTunes library, have you allowed them to download completely before deleting them.

In respect of the TV shows not showing up on your Apple TV, are the shows you purchased in another resolution to that which is set as your preferred resolution for iTunes store purchases on your Apple TV.

Jun 13, 2012 3:17 PM in response to Winston Churchill

I'm not sure I have allowed them to completely download. I will try that and then delete them.

As far as your second question, where do I check that on Apple TV? And is there a way to watch different resolutions on Apple TV? Or do I have to just make sure that I always buy the same resolution when purchasing through devices other than Apple TV?

Jon

Jun 13, 2012 6:23 PM in response to vazandrew

But that is my problem. They are NOT there in Apple TV. Here's an example. I have a MacBook Pro using the same iCloud and iTunes username/password as my Mac Mini and AppleTV. I have an episode of Breaking Bad that was purchased in the iTunes Store and I have downloaded to the MacBook. But it doesn't show up in: Purchases in the iTunes Store, Apple TV, or my Mac Mini iTunes.

Purchased TV shows not available in Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.