Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Redraw problems on 3.3

I am getting more and more disappointed with Apple products lately. I've been a faithful Aperture user since the rip-off $699 V1.0...

It seems that they are fading away from the Pro's as time goes by...

This upgrade is a joke. I have 334 Projects and 37000 Photos... The monochrome icons are hard to find, advanced features are gone and there I am experiencing slower performance...

I have a super fast 12-Core 2.66GHz Mac Pro with 1TB Accelsior SSD PCIe Hard Drive (I get 750MB/sec R/W Speeds) and use Photoshop CS6 Extended.

It used to take about half a second to open a TIFF photo in PS (22MP from a Canon 5D III or 16MP from Canon 1D IV). Now, it takes about a second. I know it might not mean much but I was used to speed and now it is slower...

My main problem is screen redraw. I have two 27" LED Apple Cinema Displays. One in Landscape Mode and the second in Portrait.

I keep my Browser on the left (horizontal) and the viewer on the right (vertical) screen... When hitting "Z" to zoom to 100%, there is a hesitation on the image redraw and I get 2 black borders to the sides of the image and like a half a second later the image is finally fully covering the screen...

This NEVER happened before. 😠

I am a Pro and expect updates to be reliable. I need to work as fast as I can...

Apple is really starting to **** me off with bad releases. Everything seems to be geared towards consumer products.

They did it last year with Final Cut Pro and they are doing it now with Aperture 3.3.

Why do they feel the need to remove features instead of adding or improving them?

Why is it necessary to merge iPhoto library on Aperture? Pros and consumers should stay separate...

Next thing, they are gonna merge Final Cut Pro X with iMovie...

I do love the new White Balance "Skin Tone" feature... It works great.

I think I'm going back to 3.2.4 until they release a 3.3.1 update or better off, an over due 4.0. I hope I don't have to wait 3 years for it like I'm gonna have to wait for a new redesigned Mac Pro... I still can't believe the Mac Pro box is 9 years old, since the introduction of the G5...

😕

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4), 12-Core 2.66GHz, 32GB RAM

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 5:44 PM

1 reply

Jun 13, 2012 6:25 PM in response to ppdix

Please don't rant, whine, or tell your personal tale of woe here. We are just users, like yourself. A number of us help others -- for no remuneration, notice, or status beyond our rather sad looking handful of dots. (I see you have the minimum 😉 .)

Apple is notoriously difficult to talk to. The approved channel is via "Aperture➞Provide Aperture Feedback". If you want to tell them what you think, that is the way to do so.

If you have specific problems or issues regarding Aperture that you would like some community help resolving, by all means post them here. Be specific and informative -- what is the problem? when did it start? how is what you see different from what you expect? what have done so far to resolve your problem? what effect, if any, have your attempts had? -- and edit out everything else.

Nice system, btw.

You might take a look at your Preview settings. Mine were changed without notice when I upgraded to 3.3. I don't see how this would necessarily slow down screen refreshes, but it might make it seem slower.

And -- just for buddy-buddy -- I used iMovie for three weeks straight a couple of years ago, then finished that project. I would rather get paid to wash dishes than ever use iMovie again.

Screen Redraw problems on 3.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.