Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iDVD 7.1.2 widescreen themes

No widescreen themes are working in iDVD 7.1.2. The only 2 that appear but are not working are: 'Cinema Chapters' and 'Forever Main' which appear with yellow caution on the right along with all the standard screen themes for iDVD 1 through 5 which all work.

in the iDVD Preferences under advanced the themes are in /Library/Application Support/iDVD/Themes. There are 7 folders in this path iDVD 1 through iDVD 7. The themes in folders iDVD 1 through 5 seem to work fine. None of the themes in iDVD 6 or iDVD 7 work - these themes are also really small far less than 1Mb whereas the themes that are working are multiple Mb. Any ideas on how to get them working?

iDVD '08, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 10:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 8:01 PM

I discovered the fix to get Widescreen themes working. I copied the themes from an older iMac that had iDVD 7.0.4 from the 'iDVD 6' and 'iDVD 7' folders in this path ~/Library/Application Support/iDVD/Themes into those same folders on my new iMac. All the widescreen themes are now working. These new themes are also much larger (usually 1Mb or more) than the the ones I replaced which were less than 100K.

This solved another problem: when I burn a DVD the menu/title screens looks fine where previously they green screens.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2012 8:01 PM in response to cazza007

I discovered the fix to get Widescreen themes working. I copied the themes from an older iMac that had iDVD 7.0.4 from the 'iDVD 6' and 'iDVD 7' folders in this path ~/Library/Application Support/iDVD/Themes into those same folders on my new iMac. All the widescreen themes are now working. These new themes are also much larger (usually 1Mb or more) than the the ones I replaced which were less than 100K.

This solved another problem: when I burn a DVD the menu/title screens looks fine where previously they green screens.

iDVD 7.1.2 widescreen themes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.