Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exporting full size photos from library to email

I want to export my full size photos (4.8MB) as an attachment to an email. However, my IMac keeps on reducing its size to 22KB - even though I indicate it as JPEG maximum. Can any help?

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 10:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 11:08 PM

I generally Select photo > File > Export to the desktop (check the quality settings) then use the attach option in mail or right click > Services > New Email with attachment.

Remember to check that the resize mail option (bottom right after att. pictures) is set to actual size.

Most users want smaller pictures 🙂

S.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2012 11:08 PM in response to HesMar

I generally Select photo > File > Export to the desktop (check the quality settings) then use the attach option in mail or right click > Services > New Email with attachment.

Remember to check that the resize mail option (bottom right after att. pictures) is set to actual size.

Most users want smaller pictures 🙂

S.

Aug 27, 2012 11:22 PM in response to Ashka

Hi Ashka,

I have another problem. I have a full size photograph which I need to crop to 1020 x 200 pixels to make it fit into my web-site. When I crop a photo and try to save it in its new size (by pressing on "done") the photo does not actually become any smaller when I check with "show extended photo information", it retains the original pixel size. Do you have any suggestions?

Aug 28, 2012 12:45 AM in response to HesMar

Just been playing with cropping in iPhoto..

Only the top two crop options are pixel sizes the others are ratios. I don't think it will do what you want..

I usually use Graphic Converter for jobs like that but Preview will work..

Drag your photo from iPhoto to the desktop > double click it to open in Preview > Tools > retangular selection > the pixel sizes are shown as you drag the selection box around. (esc will let you start again & command z will go back.) when you have what you want > Tools > Crop.

Hope that helps..

Exporting full size photos from library to email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.