Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Naming convention for MacBook Pro Retina?

We already have naming conventions for all of the other Apple product lines. I've been seeing a lot of different names and abbreviations for the new MacBook Pro with Retina display. So is there a common abbreviation/name that we all can agree on? I know I'm asking a lot this early on! 😀

MBPR (MacBook Pro Retina) ? (<--- My vote, so far.)

RMBP (Retina MacBook Pro) ?

RBP (Retina Book Pro) ?

MBR (MacBook Retina) ?

MBRetina (MacBook Retina) ?

Any others?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 12:40 AM

10 replies

Jun 14, 2012 11:03 AM in response to SoldOnMac

It would probably be best if instead of agreeing among a half dozen of us on the lingo that thousands of other people will be expected to use, we were just careful to say precisely what we mean whenever we're writing about these machines, even if it means we can't use the shortest possible abbreviations.

Jun 14, 2012 11:22 AM in response to eww

I hear ya. I just know an abbreviation will eventually emerge. I was just trying to give it a head-start, is all. If this thread peters out due to lack of people caring, then we'll obviously just have to use whatever seems natural to us. I suppose as long as there is an "R" in the abbreviation, people will understand. Until next year.

Naming convention for MacBook Pro Retina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.