Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove objects from desk top

New Mac user. I opened Podcast collection in Launchpad and I cannot close the program since the back button is not active and I cannot continue since I dont know the name of a server. An ikon was created on the desk top which I cannot remove. How do I remove ikons from the desk top? Also where is the delete button/function?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 2:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 4:14 AM

I opened Podcast collection in Launchpad and I cannot close the program since the back button is not active and I cannot continue since I dont know the name of a server.

Did you try quitting the app? (Press command-Q.)

An ikon was created on the desk top which I cannot remove. How do I remove ikons from the desk top? Also where is the delete button/function?

Is this a separate issue? Or are you referring to the app's icon being in the Dock at the bottom of the screen? If the latter, the icon will disappear as soon as you quit the app. Or, if it remains on the Dock then, simply drag it off the Dock, where it will disappear in a puff of smoke. (This does not remove the app itself, it simply takes it off the Dock.)

If the former, simply drag the icon to the trash can on the Dock, then choose Finder -> Empty Trash. Be sure it is something you want to delete first!

I would recommend visiting the following site:

http://www.apple.com/support/mac101/

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2012 4:14 AM in response to GeorgeBo

I opened Podcast collection in Launchpad and I cannot close the program since the back button is not active and I cannot continue since I dont know the name of a server.

Did you try quitting the app? (Press command-Q.)

An ikon was created on the desk top which I cannot remove. How do I remove ikons from the desk top? Also where is the delete button/function?

Is this a separate issue? Or are you referring to the app's icon being in the Dock at the bottom of the screen? If the latter, the icon will disappear as soon as you quit the app. Or, if it remains on the Dock then, simply drag it off the Dock, where it will disappear in a puff of smoke. (This does not remove the app itself, it simply takes it off the Dock.)

If the former, simply drag the icon to the trash can on the Dock, then choose Finder -> Empty Trash. Be sure it is something you want to delete first!

I would recommend visiting the following site:

http://www.apple.com/support/mac101/

How to remove objects from desk top

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.