Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I upgrade from Logic 7 to Logic Pro 9?

My main concern is whether all the songs and audio files etc that I've created in Logic 7 and earlier will open without problems if I upgrade to LP9?

Currently I'm running OS 10.5.8 (Leopard), I can't run LP9 on that anyway, so it would mean an upgrade to Snow Leopard at the very least (and probably an upgrade to Lion/Mt Lion in due course). I would be gutted if I upgrade but then wasn't able to open the files or the audio files.

I'm using a dual core (early Intel Mac) with a MOTU 2408 soundcard.

All and any help is much appreciated.

Mawilla

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 2:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 7:46 AM

My 2 cents...

First, Logic 9 WILL run perfectly fine on 10.5.8... Leopard was my operating system for the past 3 years, until 2 months ago, when I finally upgraded my OS to Snow Leopard. Granted, I haven't updated 9 beyond 9.1.4, but 9 works on that OS, because that was the OS on all new macs when 9 was released 3 years ago or so.

You actually need Logic 7 to open any earlier version of Logic sessions (3, 4, 5 and 6), in version 9. At least that's the way I remember it. My advice would be to keep 7 around for a while, for this very reason... just to open Logic sessions earlier than version 7.

I haven't kept up with the MOTU hardware, but obviously you would want to make sure that there are up to date drivers for the 2408, before you update your OS

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2012 7:46 AM in response to mawilla

My 2 cents...

First, Logic 9 WILL run perfectly fine on 10.5.8... Leopard was my operating system for the past 3 years, until 2 months ago, when I finally upgraded my OS to Snow Leopard. Granted, I haven't updated 9 beyond 9.1.4, but 9 works on that OS, because that was the OS on all new macs when 9 was released 3 years ago or so.

You actually need Logic 7 to open any earlier version of Logic sessions (3, 4, 5 and 6), in version 9. At least that's the way I remember it. My advice would be to keep 7 around for a while, for this very reason... just to open Logic sessions earlier than version 7.

I haven't kept up with the MOTU hardware, but obviously you would want to make sure that there are up to date drivers for the 2408, before you update your OS

Should I upgrade from Logic 7 to Logic Pro 9?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.