Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi direct / Connection to Sony Bravia TV

Hi!

I'm suffering to connect my Iphone 4s to my Sony LCD TV via wifi direct.

The information is not clear if it wokrs or not.

Saw some videos on youtube and this sould work to watch picture and videos from the phone direkt to

the TV without cable.

Do you have any tips and tricks?

On other phones (Android ....) this works without any troubles.

kind regards

Duffy

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 4:31 AM

10 replies

Aug 5, 2012 12:50 PM in response to Duffy2512

I have the Sony KDL-55HX853 and the remote app works if you connect you TV to the same wireless network your iPhone is on. If you do not have a wireless network you can use Direct Wifi. Hit the HOME button on the remote. Scroll to APPLICATIONS and choose WI-FI DIRECT MODE. Press OPTIONS bottom on remote and choose MANUAL option on the screen and then OTHER METHODS. Go to the network settings on your iPhone and choose the Sony WIFI direct network name your TV is now displaying and enter the password the TV also shows. Your app will now work. The downside is that you cannot access any other Internet content on your iPhone with WIFI Direct connection, if you want to do that connect the TV to the same wireless network as your phone or use the LAN connection to direct cable the TV to it. Not yet found an app that lets me throw pictures or movies to the TV directly, so I continue to use Apple TV as suggested in the other response. Remote app works a treat though.

Aug 5, 2012 2:03 PM in response to paul from canvey island

Catch and throw within the remote app is limited to URLs for web pages but does at least also allow you to use the mouse pointer feature in the app to scroll and click on the TV screen. Video throwing on You Tube suggests use of a laptop and DNLA, but appears to only to work via the Sony tablet. Basically Sony tablet controls the Sony PC and throws to TV. However If you enable DNLA on your laptop or PC the TV will allow you to browse and play files from it, press HOME button on remote and choose MEDIA and you'll see hard drives and USB sticks attached to TV plus your PC. TV and PC need to be on the same network. Have fun! Oh and if you have played videos or photos from an attached drive and figured out how to disable the Popup banner that gives the file name etc please do share.

Dec 14, 2012 2:14 PM in response to fastfrankie

If you're using your own network and have a lot of wireless kit, or have visitors that use your network (and who doesn't these days) then you might want to give your TV a static IP address on your network if you have DHCP enabled. This way the TV will always be on the IP address you enter in the app. Your router manual will show you how to make an address static while keeping the remainder dynamic. If on the same network and the IP address is correct you should be fine. If instead you are using the TVs built in network it should be easier as you don't need to be concerned with IP addresses or multiple devices using the TVs network. Hope this helps.

wifi direct / Connection to Sony Bravia TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.