Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture 3.3 incompatible with Topaz Fusion Express?

I upgraded Aperture to 3.3 and now my Tpaz plugins won't save altered images. The problem appears to be an incompatibility with Topaz Fusion Express which provides the plugin interface. I have posted the issue with Topaz tech support as well. Any ideas?

MacBook (13-inch Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 5:33 AM

8 replies

Jun 14, 2012 5:12 PM in response to websterrobert

From ApertureExpert

32-bit support dropped

Yep, Aperture 3.3 drops 32-bit support so any old 32-bit plugins will no longer work. But to be fair, Aperture went 64-bit with 3.0 two years ago, and Lion is 64-bit with 32-bit support, but Mountain Lion will be 64-bit only. It’s time to move on. If your favorite plugin still hasn’t been updated, then I think it’s safe to say it won’t be. They’ve had time.

That's where I saw it.

Jun 14, 2012 7:05 PM in response to Kirby Krieger

OK, a further update. The TIFF image actually ends up in the Aperture managed library files, properly altered and saved. But for some reason the plug-in thinks it can't write to the library and dumps the copy of the unmodified TIFF in the trash. And I can't see the TIFF via Aperture although it is in the library. Again this is all new since Aperture was updated to 3.3. Might this have something to do with the change in library formats that 3.3 introduced?

Bob

Jul 7, 2012 8:28 AM in response to websterrobert

Ok, just to wrap this up - I uninstalled Aperture 3.2.4 as well as every trace of the Topaz plug-ins I could find. I then reinstalled Aperture 3.3.1, updated the Aperture library as required by Aperture 3.3.1, and then redownloaded and reinstalled Topaz Fusion Express and Topaz B&W Effects. The problem remained the same as before. I rebooted the Mac and lo and behold the Fusion Express and B&W Effects combo now worked. So I redownloaded and reinstalled Lens Effects. The problem reappeared with Lens Effects. Again I rebooted and the problem went away. I have no clue why my configuration required the reboots after installs - there is nothing I can find with regard to any of the apps that says a reboot is necessary to make things work (and of course I never had to do that before Aperture 3.3). However I am happy that everything is now working.

Aperture 3.3 incompatible with Topaz Fusion Express?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.