Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook multi-touch functionality with LION OSX

I know that some of the older MacBooks (2006-07) have multi-touch trackpad. Are some of those models only one or two finger touch? I am wanting to upgrade to Lion OSX and want to make sure the trackpad will support three and four finger gestures. And which is the oldest macbook model that supports multi-touch and will support all the functions on OSX LION?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 6:59 AM

4 replies

Jun 14, 2012 7:26 AM in response to Ralph Landry1

Ok, I called AppleCare about this earlier too and they told me that as long as the macbook can support Lion, then it can use the muliti-touch functions. The portables listed in that article have multi-touch trackpads and will support those features. I guess my questions is the macbook that support 2 finger swipe or scrolling are not really multi-touch trackpads then, so they will not support those four finger gestures of Lion?

Jun 14, 2012 7:32 AM in response to ousmanefrommuncie

Sounds like the real qustion according to Apple is does your MacBook meet the requirements for Lion? Do you have at least a Core 2 Duo prcessor, 2 GB memory and 7 GB hard drive space? Of course for this purpose the real points are the cpu and ram. If you meet those you can use Lion and you should then have mult-touch capability according to Apple.

Macbook multi-touch functionality with LION OSX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.