Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Isight with wrong colors?

I have a MacBook and recently upgraded the Snow Leopard to Lion, and with it my isight started getting images only in red.

If I put a green object in front of the camera, the problem is solved

and I get the correct colors. It looks like some kind of internal callibration process take place

and solve some issue.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Thanks

Luis Moniz

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 8:09 AM

1 reply

Jun 14, 2012 1:23 PM in response to Luis Moniz

(1) Unless used in poor light, none of my Apple webcams has ever shown the false color symptoms you describe. Test again in an area brightly lighted with unfiltered sunlight.

(2) If you have ever added any third-party apps that can manually control some of your iSight parameters, verify that it has been properly updated for compatibility with your newly upgraded system or follow the developer's instructions and uninstall it.

(3) Restart the Mac tomorrow and test again. If the problem does not return, don't worry about the temporary red you experienced. If the problem returns, test using Apple's http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2090 suggestions.

Be sure to test more than one Apple app in more than one user account. Don't use the "Guest" account for this. If your Mac only has one "non-guest" account, create a new user account for testing.

The "reset" suggested there often restores normal function. Be sure to use the correct SMC/PMU reset procedure for your MacBook model.

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.7.4

Isight with wrong colors?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.