Looks like no oneā€™s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

retrieve Lion

new hdd. how do I get lion back??

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 9:26 AM

6 replies

Jun 14, 2012 9:51 AM in response to Ardwa

How did you get Lion in the first place - it came on your machine? Or you upgraded to it from Snow Leopard?

The two methods I can think of are:

* Reinstall Snow Leopard, then go to the App store and get Lion again. It should show up under "Purchases".

* Go to the App store and download Lion on another computer. Make an install disk.

charlie

Jun 14, 2012 5:06 PM in response to CT

Thank you both for trying to help.

Having tried to download using my wifes login (recommended by 'apple' on telephone and failing, trying updates, purchases as suggested and failing I gave up.

I presse the purchase button and was told immediately that I already had paid and just to continue to get re-installation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

***!!!!

Probably the least INTUITIVE bit of stuff I have come across since leaving Windows!!!!!!!!!!!

Surely a reload/reinstall/get it again (whatever) should be available on your PURCHASES LIST !!!!!!!! and simply INSTALL???????????

Why do I have to guess at BUYING to get somthing I have already purchased?????????????

Jeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzeeeeeeeeee!

Yup a bit peeeeeed ooofffffff!

Still it is only 01:05 and still rebuildingšŸ˜ šŸ˜•šŸ˜šŸ˜®

Thank you again

G'Nite

retrieve Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.