Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video playback from various websites

I had been surfing many sites and watching video on most. YouTube is the only one (some news sites) that seems to load and play anymore. Most others dont. Did I do something or is there a remedy? Thanks much

this is on my MacBookPro

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 12:36 PM

3 replies

Jun 14, 2012 12:41 PM in response to MW1957

Which operating system version are you running? You may need to update it and/or other software on your computer. You may neeed to add more plugins to your browsers. Some sites work with some browsers and not others. I have two browsers I can use on my Mac. Some sites don't work with Mac browsers at all, or you have to know how to trick them into thinking you're running Internet Explorer.

Without giving us more specifics such as the exact URL of pages you are trying ot view and with which software, we can't help much.

Jun 14, 2012 12:51 PM in response to MW1957

Get more information about your computer. Go to the Apple in the upper left corner of any window, then "About This Mac", then "More Info..." Copy and paste the information here, but omit the serial number and Hardware UUID (if present).

Exact web site URLs? You really are not giving us enough information to help you. We need to know exactly which site so we can determine what plugins are required to view it, then to know if your computer has those plugins, and if it doesn't, to then know if your computer is even capable of running the plugins, and in which browser.

Video playback from various websites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.