Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone to iPhone contacts transfer...

I have received a new iPhone for work which is already synched with my work contacts, mail etc. I am trying to figure out the best way to add my contacts from my old iPhone to the new iPhone without overriding the new information. Is there a way to transfer my old iPhone information to my current Outlook and then synch to new phone or what would the pros suggest? 🙂

I'd love to be able to transfer all my information, photos, etc but contacts are the thing I am most concerned about.

If it makes a difference the new phone is on AT&T service and the old phone was on Verizon. Thanks!

KG

iPhone 4

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 1:04 PM

17 replies

Dec 2, 2017 5:37 AM in response to KarenG32

I had the same problem. I tried syncing, doing back up and nothing was bringing my contacts.

It is important to notice that I use a hotmail address and when I tried oppening my e-mail in the new phone I had only one e-mail from microsoft asking whether I would like to use outlook as standard mail box, I said "no" and it started to sync my mail and my contacts, then it worked.

Oct 10, 2013 11:00 AM in response to KarenG32

I guess the only good way is to connect to iTunes and sync. In sync settings, uncheck everything but Contacts. Sync contacts with Windows Contacts. When you get your new iPhone, connect it to iTunes and check its Contacts sync with Windows Contacts again. That should not affect your music (I guess) and backup your contacts too.

iCloud is a no go on 3G (unfortunately).

<Link Edited By Host>

Dec 26, 2013 5:05 AM in response to razmee209

razmee209 wrote:

To transfer your photos/test to your new phone,

Backup your old phone with itunes, then plug your new phone in and restore from the backup you just created.

more detailed instructions http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2109

I want to put all the data from my iphone 4s on my 1phone 5, but i have already been using my iphone5 so there are pictures and other stuff on it I do not want to have to delete when i transfer everything from the other phone.

Am I able to take my pictures off of my iphone 5, put them on the computer and then factory reset my phone and use icloud backup?

I just can not risk loosing any of the items I already have on the iphone5 when i do the icloud backup.. How do i do this?

iPhone to iPhone contacts transfer...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.