Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why wont my ipod connect to my computer?

I've gone through all the steps.
I've reset my ipod
Put it in diskmode it only says okay to disconnect
changed usb ports
changed cables

made sure the cable worked with other ipods

used other computers.

Nothing I've done works, it doesnt show up on my computer at all, im getting so frustrated with it. Any helps?

iPod nano, Windows 7, Ipod Nano 3rd generation

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 3:04 PM

5 replies

Jun 15, 2012 9:10 AM in response to Amber5682

How do you know it's charging then? Has this iPod ever successfully connected to this particular PC? Does anything appear in Device Manager when you plug it in? To access Device Manager, click Start and right->click on Computer and choose Manage. When the window appears make sure Device Manager is selected on the left. Then plug in your iPod and see if it appears anywhere such as in the USB Root section or the like.

B-rock

Jun 15, 2012 10:15 AM in response to planb77

I know its charging because it goes from empty to full...
And no it's never connected to my laptop before, i just got this laptop two months ago. But the computer, our desktop, that I have always used to sync it, doesn't read it either. And there is nothing that shows up under the USB sections on the device manager. As I said, I've tried EVERYTHING I've come across online.

Why wont my ipod connect to my computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.