Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delivery of MacBook Pro with Retina Display - happening?

Hi all -

Ordered mine on Tuesday, folloiwing the Monday announcement.

Rec'd email today showing shipment today June 14 (both China time and East Coast USA time) with delivery 5 days later for June 19.

What is status of other deliveries?

Since I will be out of town that day, my hope is that Fed Ex releases it a day early though usually they refuse to do that even if box is in fed ex office the day before. They insist on keeping to Apple's est delivery

Shipment Dates

Ship date User uploaded file

Jun 14, 2012

Estimated delivery User uploaded file

Jun 19, 2012 by 10:30 AM

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 7:24 PM

9 replies

Jul 5, 2012 7:32 PM in response to joey2810

Joey- you are performing Self-Torture. Put it out of your mind until the 19th, then if it is late, get upset.

I assure you, they want you to get it soon too, so you can buy more software and all... Remember,they are made in China, and the factory there is not actually Apple property...it is farmed out,the company there wants to make what you will buy also, and get it there.

I bet you ordered some sort of extra, a faster something, a huge memory? If you want it the day you get to the store, buy what is in stock.~~Oh I re-read your post...ou DID say stock... hmmm, well they were out. Remember- there are 6 billion folks who want one! I know- that is NO FUN! hahaha So, read an old fashioned Book, the weeks will zoom past then you jump into the future and you will both enjoy the memory of the book and Love your new computer...

Jul 5, 2012 10:10 PM in response to joey2810

hey Joey...thanks for taking that cheerfully...I wrote, went to bed... and wondered if I should have changed it...

I learned about that, but not with computer- waiting for bladder cancer surgery, to then find out the biopsy results, and thus my fate. Oh what an almost month of thirty thousand year long terror that was...

Cheers to you too!

Jul 6, 2012 5:13 AM in response to DCNY69

Yes - that is good advice. It's just a computer. I posted a whiny note last night that I regretted. However, the frustration is not about the wait as much as it is about Apple not respecting the que. it's clear that folks that ordered on the 12th through the 16th are doing better than many who ordered on the 11th. Weird. Definitely will take that chill pill though as there are serious matters to attend to in this world and a new computer is not on that list.

Jul 6, 2012 6:59 AM in response to DCNY69

Thanks, DCNY69..that ordeal was 26 or 27--wait, 30 months ago...I am alive, and no symptoms (even if I have not been back for Cram-A-Cam)...I had the "good' kind, that is, grows in place and if they cut it out fully, it should be gone, unti the next cluster of cells grows wildly out of order.... It was a long self-torture though!

bluztoo, I cannot address yours.... can it be they pick and choose whose order to fill, based on personal preferences? The home office of Apple maybe should hear. I don't know how to determine what spec's others put in their order... I wonder too, how they do it from the factory- if this week's ship load will be sent to satisfy completely one region's backlog, or if it is scattered all over, some here, some there... But down here at our level, were are individuals... at their end, they have millions and milions of orders... 5000 of 8 gigs, 12489 of 12 gigs... 22,000 low reflecting screens.... And the workers- driven to suicide as they are 3rd world, eh?

Delivery of MacBook Pro with Retina Display - happening?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.